Sunday, May 29, 2011

Paths and Followings

Well, it only took me 10 years to peel my nose off the grindstone to realize I could have my own blog to talk about business and begin to network again with the real world. Hello! 


 I donated every single day of the last 10+ years helping patients all over the world, while building our online community right beneath them. The lessons I learned, and the knowledge base I amassed, exceeded my wildest dreams. Today I'm interested in using what I've gained to expand my horizons toward working with some truly engaging people and companies.


 Expect to find a mix of what is and what isn't working with online communication - and why. I also like to jump in and help, but it goes both ways. A lot of what I'm about is helping each other. I'm interested in what's going on with networking and I like to speak about online engagement across multiple platforms.


  You'll also find me engaging and connecting all manner of people and things. Consider me a sort of pollinator, if you will. There are cool ideas and things out there and I like nothing better than to match the right people up with them - or each other. Kinda like those flower socks in your drawer. So, you'll see a mix of business and pollination of LIFE here from me.


 I admit I have very strong feelings surrounding people connecting with each other in a real, genuine, direct and kind way on the Net whenever possible. This is the cornerstone of my non-profit. It is the only way to genuinely build a following, a company, a brand.


  Those who fail to connect directly are missing out on the bigger picture. The people and companies that are doing the best business today are the ones who can reach out and directly engage their followers as human beings. It is the one thing I see people respond favorably to time and time again. It's so needed by everyone, yet it's one of those forest for the trees sorts of things. We're all screaming to be noticed and not noticing those around us. Those people might notice us if at some point you stop flailing both hands above your head and reach your hand out to that person next to you.


  Automation is the death of human engagement. There are no short cuts to being real. Be genuine, be consistent and be diligent. The work is literally one person at a time. As daunting as that sounds, it's not only worth it, but there is an unexpectedly pleasant and almost magical ease that wafts in with it. It's then you'll know you're on the right path.

No comments:

Post a Comment